Thank you for expressing interest in supporting The Yao Ming Foundation. By organizing a fundraising event to raise money for the foundation you are making the world a better place.
Before you proceed with any fundraising activities, there are a few things you should know:
- For legal purposes, neither The Yao Ming Foundation nor any abbreviation of the foundation name can be included in the actual name of your event. However, the Foundation can be named as the beneficiary in marketing and advertising materials (e.g. "Bill's Golf Tournament," Proceeds to benefit The Yao Ming Foundation.)
- Any use of The Yao Ming Foundation's name in advertising and marketing materials must be approved by The Giving Back Fund prior to those materials being distributed. In order to obtain approval, we need to know the following:
- Contact information for the person in charge of the event
- Brief description of the event(s)
- The time, date(s), and location(s) of the event(s)
Please send your information and any fundraising materials to:
The Yao Ming Foundation
at The Giving Back Fund
5757 W. Century Blvd, Suite 410,
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- You can expect approval of your request within 5 business days. If you have not heard a response within that timeframe, please contact us again.
When your donation is made to The Yao Ming Foundation, we request that you also provide the following information:
It is extremely unlikely that either Yao Ming or any representative of The Yao Ming Foundation will be able to attend your event. Please understand that this reflects the inordinate number of demands on Yao Ming’s time and our desire to keep administrative and overhead costs of The Yao Ming Foundation to a minimum.
Click here to support the 2010 Yao Foundation Tour.