“It is very hard for me to put into words how difficult it is to see this kind of destruction. My thoughts and actions are now focused on helping to rebuild the schools that were destroyed in this tragedy and to rebuild them in the proper way. I am deeply appreciative that you have decided to join me in this effort. Hopefully you and I can also encourage others around the world to do as we are doing, to make life better for those who need our help.”
Marc Pollick, President of The Giving Back Fund, congratulates Jack Zhao, CEO of iTalk, on receiving the Outstanding Corporate Partners Award at The Yao Ming Foundation Gala in Houston
To improve the lives of children in the US and China with an emphasis on providing educational opportunities.
YAO MING IN THE COMMUNITY
Yao Ming has a long personal history of working to help a variety of charitable causes:
- The Yao Ming Foundation's grant to the Collaborative for Children has helped the organization be selected as one of the Mayor's 2010 Proud Partner Award Winners.
- Yao Ming joined the United Nation's campaign to address discrimination among Chinese people toward those infected with HIV. Click here to see Yao Ming's video about AIDS.
- Yao Ming is the UN Environment Programme's first-ever Environmental Champion.
- Yao Ming pledged to give up eating shark's fin soup, a Chinese delicacy, in association with a WildAid campaign to promote wildlife protection.
- Yao Ming served as a Global Goodwill Ambassador to the Shangai Special Olympics in 2007.
WINNER OF THE iTALKBB SWEEPSTAKES ANNOUNCED
YAO MING FOUNDATION PSA
Julie Brothers and Charlie Wan, Directors
Click on the photo to watch The Yao Ming Foundation’s Public Service Announcement.